Thursday, April 5, 2007

Episode 6: Salad Dressing



This is the best salad dressing recipe in the world. My mom got this recipe from Miss Courtney a couple years ago and now it is the only salad dressing we eat. And we eat a ton of salad.

What you need:
1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
2/3 cup of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of Dijon or yellow mustard
A couple sakes of pepper

Throw all of these ingredients into a blender or small chopper and blend until it's all smooth. Taste it with a crouton. Yummy!

We change this recipe up all of the time. When it was basil season I threw in about a handful of basil in every batch. Sometimes I throw in dill or parsley or cilantro. This recipe also works with lemon juice instead of vinegar. But the original version is always yummy so make that first and then get creative.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thank you for doing this show! Courtney has never shared the official recipe with me (probably because I've never officially asked). Now I'll have it when ever I need it!