Thursday, April 26, 2007

Episode 9: Guacamole



I love guacamole. Especially when it's homemade because then I know I'm not going to run into any peppers that are too spicy ... and I also know it'll be salty enough. This recipe is really easy and can be changed depending on how much you like certain ingredients. I have a friend who uses lemon juice instead of lime juice, but I like limes with my avocadoes. Also, I skipped the hot peppers in my recipe because I'm sharing it with my little brother, but you can make yours as spicy as you want. I was planning to use a clove of garlic in my recipe, but my brother ate it before I could use it. Guacamole tastes yummy either way. Enjoy!

What you need:
2 ripe avocados
1 lime
1 small, diced tomato
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 or a diced bell pepper
cilantro (however much you like)
salt (to taste)

If you like it spicy you can also add a jalapeno or two and a diced clove of garlic.

What to do:
Mash up your avocado. Squeeze in you lime juice and stir. Then add all the rest of the ingredients and stir, Devour it with chips or smear it onto your hamburger. Delicious!

No comments: