Monday, June 17, 2013

Frozen Treats: Lick

Last week some friends from Houston came to visit and told us that eating at Lick was on their agenda. And then they ate at Lick and couldn't stop raving about it. They liked all the interesting flavors. They had read all the reviews. And they said it was yummy.

So today we put that on our agenda. At 4:30 that place was crowded so we weren't comfortable asking for too many samples, but we did taste Blackberry, Lime and Basil and Lemon Lavender. We didn't chose either one of those. I ordered Caramel Salt Lick (DELICIOUS!!), my brother got Fresh Mint and Chocolate Chunk (Super yummy!) and my mom got Honeyed Peaches with Rosemary. Hers was pretty good, but I wouldn't choose it for myself.

On the menu a small cone runs about $3.50, but you get two scoops of ice cream so that seems like a good deal. Of course my mom only let us each get one scoop, but it was right before dinner so we forgave her. I'm pretty sure she'll be taking us back soon. This place is awesome!

The flavors are listed on this ladder when you walk in.


GET SOME: Lick Ice Cream, 2032 South Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78704

No comments: