Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Episode 30: Butterbeer



After reading the third Harry Potter book I decided I just HAD to have a cup of butterbeer. Harry, Ron and Hermione drink delicious mugfuls whenever they are at Hogsmead, a place that's pretty much impossible for us to get to. The good news is now we don't have to go there for butterbeer, we can make our own yummy brew at home with this recipe. Enjoy!

THE BUTTERBEER RECIPE:

Ingredients:
1 bottle of good cream soda (I used Virgil's)
1/2 cup of butterscotch sauce (It's worth it to make homemade sauce. You'll have lots of yummy leftover sauce for ice cream!!)
1 tablespoon (or less) of butter

Directions:
Mix all ingredients into a saucepan and heat until butter is melted and drink is heated through.
Pour into mugs and enjoy.
Makes about 3 cups.

2 comments:

Christian McDonald said...

That looks AWESOME, Retta! The McDonald boys may just have to try that.

rymiembeal said...

I have been wanting this myself!! I totally don't have the time to make it, but I think I may have to squeeze it in anyway! I mean, it's butterbeer we're talking about!
Michelle