Friday, May 8, 2009

Episode 27: Sweet Potato Fries

In the spring we planted sweet potato slips and watched them grow and grow all summer. In the fall we finally got to harvest them. My brother and I loved digging out potatoes. My brother liked digging them more than eating them, but I think they are super yummy. We cooked them two different ways: Salty fries and sweet with butter and sugar. In this episode I will show you how to make them salty. What a great after-school snack!We kept the recipe simple: Sweet potatoes, olive oil & salt. Coat the potatoes and throw them in a 400 degree oven until baked crispy. You can also add pepper, red pepper sauce or any other spice you like for kick.

2 comments:

Addie said...

You guys always make the best videos! Suz, I have an opportunity to put a short little something in the paper about The Retta Show. Could you e-mail me at broylesa@gmail.com?

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Ok. Retta, Cliffard and Suz, I am making these for Grant and my neice Jill tonight! Wish me luck :P